Award Programs Recognize Leading Executives in Technology as Well as the CIOs of Tomorrow
FRAMINGHAM, MA--(Marketwire - May 1, 2012) - IDG's CIO, the executive-level IT media brand providing insight into business technology leadership, announces the 2012 honorees of the CIO Hall of Fame and the CIO Ones to Watch awards. The awards will be presented at The CIO Leadership Event, produced by CIO magazine in partnership with sister organization, the CIO Executive Council. The awards ceremony will take place tonight at the Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort in Marco Island, Florida.
CIO Hall of Fame Honors
CIO magazine created the CIO Hall of Fame in 1997 to spotlight IT leaders who have significantly influenced and contributed to the IT profession by using information technology to advance business goals. Since its launch, a select group of 64 CIOs have been inducted into the CIO Hall of Fame, including the 2012 class. The 2012 honorees include 9 men and women whose work has profoundly shaped the technology-enabled business landscape, demonstrating creative vision and practical leadership in IT.
"The CIO Hall of Fame is our most prestigious individual award, honoring a widely respected, high-impact IT career of distinguished achievement," says Maryfran Johnson, Editor in Chief, CIO magazine & Events. "The men and women inducted into our Hall of Fame since 1997 represent truly outstanding examples CIO accomplishment. They have advanced the status of their profession, done innovative work in transforming business with technology, and inspired the next generation of IT leaders. This class continues the tradition of recognizing IT leaders who have made a lasting positive impact on the field."
2012 CIO Hall of Fame Honorees
- Helen Cousins; EVP & CIO; Lincoln Trust Company
- Dana Deasy; Group CIO; BP
- Alan Matula; EVP & Group CIO; Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Tom Nealon; Group EVP (ret.); J.C. Penney
- Bill Oates; CIO; City of Boston
- Stephanie Reel; CIO, VP & Vice Provost; Johns Hopkins Medicine and University
- Steve Rubinow; CIO; FX Alliance and former CIO; NYSE Euronext
- Tim Theriault; SVP & CIO; Walgreens
- Dave Weick; SVP of Shared Services & CIO; McDonald's Corp.
CIO Ones to Watch Awards
CIO magazine and the CIO Executive Council's annual CIO Ones to Watch award has been identifying the rising stars in IT -- the senior staff destined to become the CIOs of the future -- since 2005. Each year the honorees are selected by the CIOs of today's leading organizations and recognized publically at The CIO Leadership Event.
"The future of the IT profession is a major passion for the members of the CIO Executive Council. That's why they volunteer year after year for the tough job of judging which nominees have the best skills and experience to become our next generation of CIOs," says Pam Stenson, CIO Executive Council Senior VP and General Manager. "Congratulations to the 2012 CIO Ones to Watch honorees."
2012 CIO Ones to Watch Award Honorees:
- Gareth Burton; IT Director for Europe, Africa, Russia, Caspian; Baker Hughes
- Vince Campisi; CIO; GE Water & Process Technologies
- Dawn M. Costello; SVP of Global IT Strategy & Enterprise Solutions Delivery; Wyndham Vacation Ownership
- Greg Fittinghoff; SVP of IT, Corporate Systems & Infrastructure; Home Box Office
- Warren Gove; Director of Enterprise Computing Center; Internal Revenue Service
- Kayne Grau; VP of Technology; Cars.com
- Cindy Hoots; Global ERP Program Director; ITT
- Nasir Khan; Executive Director of Enterprise Informatics; BCBS Association
- Sachin Kulkarni; SVP, Head IT Strategy & Risk Management (U.S. and Canada); Marsh
- Albert Ma; Divisional Information Officer for Toyota Customer Services; Toyota Motor Sales USA
- Sean Magee; Senior Director of IT, Industrial Portfolio & Integrated Operations; Baker Hughes
- Christopher Maritato; National Director of Business Technology Operations; Sonic Automotive
- Christopher Nchopa-Ayafor; Deputy CIO of the Advanced Services Division; Maricopa County Office of Enterprise Technology
- James Olender; Client CIO Energy PLM; GE Energy
- Pam Platt; Deputy Director of IT; Baltimore County Office of Information Technology
- Wesley Richard; Director of Global Business Applications; IMG
- Ramon Richards; VP for Finance & Corporate Technology; Fannie Mae
- Jan Richert; Director of IT Bank; Scottrade
- Trevor Schulze; Corporate VP of IT, Global Engineering Solutions; Advanced Micro Devices
- Patrick Smoker; Department Head & Director of IT, College of Agriculture; Purdue University
- Ken Spangler; SVP & CIO of IT; FedEx Ground
- Srinivas Surapaneni; SVP of Business Systems & Information Management; Western Union
- Jerry Wilson; CTO & Executive Director of IT, University of Colorado; Colorado Springs
- Michael Wondrasch; VP of Technology Services; AmerisourceBergen
- David Wright; SVP & Card CIO; Capital One
CIO produces award-winning content and community resources for information technology executives and leaders thriving and prospering in this fast-paced era of business, as well as creates opportunities for information technology and consumer marketers to reach them. The CIO portfolio includes CIO.com, CIO magazine (launched in 1987), CIO Executive Programs and the CIO Executive Council. CIO properties provide business technology leaders with analysis and insight on information technology trends and a keen understanding of IT's role in achieving business goals. The U.S. edition of the magazine and website are recipients of more than 200 awards to date, including the American Society of Business Publication Editor's Top B-to-B Magazine since 2000 and Website of the Year in 2010 and two Grand Neals from the Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Awards. CIO websites and printed publications appear in more than 25 countries, including Australia, Canada, Finland, India and Sweden. CIO Executive Programs -- a series of face-to-face conferences including the CIO 100 Awards & Symposium™ -- provide educational and networking opportunities for pre-qualified corporate and government leaders. CIO is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, events, and research company. Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
About the CIO Executive Council
The CIO Executive Council is a member-led executive organization, consisting of current and future business leaders working to impact the intersection of business, technology and strategy. Their mission is to foster measurable value for all members by enabling them, through peer reliance and outreach, to apply the knowledge, insights and best practices of their peers to the success of their enterprise and personal achievement. To learn more about the CIO Executive Council, visit council.cio.com.
Marketing & PR Manager