CIO, Computerworld, Network World and CFOworld Receive Recognition for Editorial & Design Excellence; Computerworld.com Is Named a Finalist for B2B Website of the Year
FRAMINGHAM, MA--(Marketwire - June 26, 2012) - IDG Enterprise -- the media company comprising CFOworld, CIO, CIO Executive Council, Computerworld, CSO, DEMO, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World -- announces today that CIO, Computerworld, Network World and CFOworld have been recognized collectively as finalists in twenty-seven 2012 Digital & Print Azbee Awards categories. These awards, presented by ASBPE, recognize achievement in editorial and design. CIO was named a finalist in eleven categories, the highest number for any recognized media brand, and Computerworld.com has been named a finalist for the B2B Website of the Year award.
"IDG Enterprise is committed to providing unbiased, targeted content for IT and security professionals who are changing the way their companies do business, making them more agile and successful," said John Gallant, chief content officer and SVP editorial, IDG Enterprise. "These Azbee nominations confirm that our investments in top journalists and designers are paying off for readers and the industry. We're thrilled to be honored."
The annual Digital & Print Azbee Awards recognize the exceptional work by magazines, newsletters, and digital media in the business-to-business, trade, association and professional publication industry. All entries are judged based on editorial and design on the web and in print. This year, ASBPE received 1,500 entries for this competitive recognition. All awards will be presented at award banquets held this summer.
"Editorial is more than just a story, it is the way the content is packaged, how the reader engages with it, and the technology used to make it accessible. We are proud to have ASBPE recognize how our editorial teams are executing across all of these areas through the Azbee Awards," said Michael Friedenberg, president and CEO of IDG Enterprise.
CIO - Finalist in the following categories:
- Blog - Mobile WorkHorse
- Web Feature Article - Why Law Enforcement Can't Stop Hackers
- Editorial/Editor's Letter - DIY Advantage, Dare to Reflect
- Feature Article - "Forging the Vendor Collective"
- Organizational Profile - "Mission Impossible?"
- Regular Column, Contributed - CIO Paradox column
- Regular Department - "Numbers You Need"
- Front Cover - Computer Generated - Vendor
- Feature Article - Design - Disaster Story
- Feature Article - Design - Relationships
- How-To Article - "The BYOT Buzz"
Computerworld - Finalist in the following categories:
- B2B Website of the Year - computerworld.com
- Blog - Android Power
- Web News Section - Computerworld.com/news
- Web Database - Salary Survey 2011
- Web Feature Article - Age Bias in IT: The Reality Behind the Rumors
- Original Research - Best Places to Work in IT 2011
- Front Cover - Computer Generated - Big Business Takes a Small Bite of the Apple
- Front Cover - Computer Generated - When IT Gets to Play
- Opening Page/Spread - Illustration - The Art & Science of Fashion
- Opening Page/Spread - Photo - What CFOs Want from IT
- Technical Article - The Clock Is Ticking for Encryption
Network World - Finalist in the following categories:
- Digital Magazine - Network World Digital eDition
- Feature Series - Enterprise Cloud Services
- Editorial/Editor's Letter - "Big questions about cyberwar", "The water pump alarm"
- How-To Article - How to solve Windows 7 crashes in minutes
CFOworld - Finalist in the following category:
- Web Microsite/Special Section - "Both Sides Now"
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company, brings together the leading editorial brands (CFOworld, CIO, Computerworld, CSO, DEMO, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World) to serve the information needs of our technology and security-focused audiences. As the premier hi-tech B2B media company, we serve our reader and advertiser audiences by delivering award-winning content, community, conversation, and conversion solutions across our entire portfolio of award-winning websites, events, magazines, products and services. In addition, the CIO Executive Council is a peer advisory service that delivers on the business, technology, and leadership needs for the world's elite CIOs and their respective staffs. Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
Marketing & PR Specialist