ANDOVER, MA--(Marketwire - November 16, 2012) - NaviSite, Inc., a premier provider of enterprise-class hosting, managed application, managed messaging and managed cloud services, today unveiled plans for a new cloud node in Time Warner Cable's data center located in Charlotte, North Carolina. NaviSite has already established a strong reputation as a leading provider of innovative managed cloud-based solutions for enterprise customers. The new cloud node is designed to expand the company's cloud capabilities and fulfill the growth and needs of their customers.
"This is a big step in the marriage of NaviSite's industry leading cloud platform and Time Warner Cable's proven networking infrastructure," said David Grimes, Chief Technology Officer at NaviSite. "The NaviCloud® node in Charlotte not only expands our footprint, but is an integral part of our disaster recovery and business continuity strategy. At the same time, being 'on network' will minimize performance robbing latency for customers in the Time Warner Cable network footprint. This new node enables us to meet the growing needs of our existing customers as well as the demand for increased managed cloud services and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) for both enterprise and small and medium businesses."
The Charlotte cloud node:
- Provides expanded failover capabilities to meet business continuity and disaster recovery needs
- Allows customers to more easily scale to accommodate the growing needs of their businesses
- Enables organizations to host more robust and sophisticated architectures
NaviSite's NaviCloud Platform has been designed to address the critical IT issues confronting organizations, such as cost, agility, reliability and business continuity. Key benefits can include:
- Consumption-Based Billing - Customers pay only for what they need -- eliminating unforeseen costs of IT resource underutilization.
- Speed of Deployment - NaviCloud accelerates the time to value by eliminating long procurement cycles associated with in-house development projects and helps ensure that deployments move quickly from staging to live production.
- Simplified IT Operations - The fully-managed option delivers an enterprise class, cloud-enabled IT environment, which can eliminate the complexity of managing an in-house data center.
- Guaranteed Service Levels - NaviCloud is backed by industry-leading service level guarantees for performance.
- Business Continuity and Performance Manageability - 24x7 monitoring and support.
NaviSite, Inc., a Time Warner Cable Company, is a leading international provider of enterprise-class, cloud-enabled hosting, managed applications and services. NaviSite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable managed services, including Application Services, industry-leading Enterprise Hosting, and Managed Cloud Services for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures and helps lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions, delivered through a global footprint of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information about NaviSite's services, please visit www.navisite.com.
All logos, company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.