MIT Venture Capital Conference to Spotlight the Intersection of Entrepreneurship, Venture Capital and Economic Growth
FOR: MIT SLOAN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
CAMBRIDGE, MA--(Marketwire - November 27, 2012) - More than 300 venture capitalists, angel investors, industry professionals, academics and students are slated to attend the 15th Annual MIT Venture Capital Conference being held on December 8, 2012 at the world-renowned MIT Media Lab in Cambridge, MA.
Fast-paced panels and hard-hitting keynotes will dissect new trends in venture capital with a focus on entrepreneurship and startups.
Slated keynote speakers are:
- Douglas Leone, Venture Capitalist, Sequoia Capital, with a focus on Internet, software and communication investments
- Tom Stemberg, Founder of Staples; currently Managing General Partner, Highland Consumer Fund, with a focus on retail and consumer services companies
Panels will include:
- Enterprise: Artificial intelligence in the next generation enterprise
- Mobile: SoLoMo and the future of commerce
- Education: Digitalizing accessibility to quality education
- Intellectual Property: Shield or sword: The changing role of patents in the invention economy
A 'Startup Showdown' will debut this year in which ten pre-selected teams will have one minute to pitch their startup idea to conference participants. They, in turn, will choose the top three winners who will then have an opportunity to demo their products during a five-minute pitch. A panel of judges will ask the finalists probing questions followed by feedback on their offering and presentation before selecting a winner.
"We see this year's conference as the State of the Union for venture capital," says Nathaniel Stewart, a second-year MBA at MIT Sloan and a conference organizer. "In this all-day event, attendees will take a hard look at where the industry is going, and start to outline what changes investors need to make to remain competitive in the future. Our team understands that these discussions cannot take place with investors alone; we have also enlisted up-and-coming entrepreneurs to provide a balanced perspective as we move the conversation forward."
For more information, please visit: http://mitvcconference.com/2012/
To register, please visit: http://mitvcconference.com/2012/registration.html