Acme Packet Announces Real-Time Monitoring Solution for Next-Generation Service Provider Networks
FOR: ACME PACKET
Palladion 3.0 Enables End-to-End Network Management -- Reducing Operational Costs, Increasing User Satisfaction, and Preventing Voice Fraud
BEDFORD, MA--(Marketwire - February 25, 2013) - Acme Packet® (
Palladion, a non-intrusive monitoring solution, consists of three new management options: Communications Operations Monitor to track network signaling and media in real-time and enable detailed troubleshooting capabilities; Fraud Detection and Prevention to discover and prevent voice fraud; and Control Plane Monitor to track and troubleshoot Diameter signaling traffic in IMS and LTE networks.
- Communications Operations Monitor - The solution provides real-time end-to-end correlation and quality metrics of all calls by passively capturing all signaling messages and analyzing all media from the network -- thereby enabling simple, drill-down troubleshooting for the root-cause analysis of many service related problems.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention - Within minutes of implementing Palladion 3.0, service providers can proactively identify and prevent fraud by comparing real-time analysis of user behavior to an automatically established baseline.
- Control Plane Monitor - The solution will offer advanced, real-time usage and monitoring features, as well as drill-down and sequence diagrams for troubleshooting Diameter signaling. Designed for service providers' signaling and roaming network infrastructures, the solution will provide end-to-end correlation of Diameter transactions.
- Embedded probe - The Palladion 3.0 solution leverages vendor-neutral network probes to monitor any type of VoIP network through a web-based Graphical User Interface. As well as being available on third-party hardware, for the first time in the industry, probes are also available as a software component integrated into a session border controller (SBC), which reduces network complexity and total cost of ownership.
Solution Benefits and Features:
- Real-time, end-to-end call correlation and analytics
- Segmentation of the network path for fast and accurate problem localization
- Instant troubleshooting down to the individual subscribers
- Historical and current session data to assist analysts in preventing fraud
- Media quality analysis, including R Factor and MOS value
- Unparalleled insight and analysis of signaling messages
- On-demand scoring and fraud alerts
- Vendor-agnostic across the VoIP protocol stacks
- Probe availability on Acme Packet's Net-Net Session Director and third-party hardware
- "Acme Packet has long been the leader in the SBC market, and Palladion 3.0 helps differentiate its solution offering," said Diane Myers, principal analyst, Infonetics Research. "By enhancing their portfolio with Palladion 3.0, Acme Packet not only provides security, reliability, and interoperability, but also real-time analysis, monitoring, and troubleshooting for next-generation networks."
- "Palladion 3.0 will revolutionize how service providers understand their next-generation networks," said Pat MeLampy, Acme Packet's chief technology officer. "Acme Packet's instant fraud detection, real-time troubleshooting of call quality issues, deep drill-down into media, SIP signaling, and Diameter, as well as innovative probe design will deliver a full view of any type of IP network to service providers."
More about Acme Packet and Palladion 3.0:
- Schedule a Demonstration of Palladion 3.0
- Palladion Control Plane Monitor
- Service Management and Operations
- Acme Packet Service Provider Management
More about Acme Packet:
Acme Packet, APKT, management, security, fraud
About Acme Packet
Acme Packet (
Acme Packet, Inc. Safe Harbor Statement
Statements contained herein that are not historical fact may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements may relate to the benefits of our products and solutions, including cost savings and flexibility. Such forward-looking statements do not constitute guarantees of future performance and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated or suggested in any forward-looking statements are contained in the Company's recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those factors discussed under the caption "Risk Factors" in such filings.