MATAWAN, NJ--(Marketwire - May 2, 2012) - PacificHealth Laboratories, Inc. (
Fred Duffner, President and CEO of PacificHealth Laboratories, said, "We have focused our efforts in the first quarter on expanding our audience, improving branding, driving ecommerce sales, and on continued support of new products. To that end during the first quarter:
- We launched our new web site in March. With a completely new look, video features and testimonials, and added customer friendly options, we are already seeing positive results. March traffic was the highest in history with double the visits of March 2011. Most importantly, 82% were new visitors.
- We began our PPC (Pay Per Click) campaign in March and generated almost 2 million impressions. Twitter followers were up 136% while our Twitter Reach was recently over 240,000, up from 65,000 in 2011. Our YouTube uploads increased from 800 at the end of 2011 to over 15,000 in March.
- We are already seeing the impact of these efforts on ecommerce sales. Although these initiatives were launched in March, YTD ecommerce sales for the first quarter are up 32% year over year.
- We began the relaunch of ACCEL GEL®, ACCELERADE™, and ENDUROX R4® with new "All Natural Formulas," and a more cohesive brand look across the entire line and contemporary graphics. The new ACCEL GEL shipped in March and we will complete the transition across all the brands in the second quarter.
- We completed several new studies with 2ND SURGE® showing that this product is highly effective in extending muscle endurance, improving reaction time, and decreasing brain fatigue. The results of these studies are now being incorporated into our advertising and web programs."
Mr. Duffner concluded, "We also showed a modest increase in revenues in the first quarter which is traditionally one of our slower quarters prior to the start of the endurance season. We are very pleased with the key branding and consumer messaging changes we were able to implement in just 3 months. I believe these initiatives will support our future growth and success."
PacificHealth Laboratories, Inc. (
Notice: This news release and oral statements made from time to time by Company representatives concerning the same subject matter may contain so-called "forward-looking statements." These statements can be identified by introductory words such as "expects," "plans," "will," "estimates," "forecasts," "projects," or words of similar meaning and by the fact they do not relate strictly to historical or current facts. Forward-looking statements frequently are used in discussing new products and their potential. Many factors may cause actual results to differ from forward-looking statements, including inaccurate assumptions and a broad variety of risks and uncertainties, some of which are known, such as general economic conditions, consumer product acceptance and competitive products, and others of which are not. No forward-looking statements are a guarantee of future results or events, and one should avoid placing undue reliance on such statements.
SELECTED FINANCIAL DATA:
|PACIFICHEALTH LABORATORIES, INC.|
|STATEMENTS OF OPERATIONS|
|FOR THE THREE MONTHS ENDED MARCH 31, 2012 AND 2011|
|Ended March 31,|
|Net product sales||$||1,750,939||$||1,731,611|
|Cost of goods sold||1,006,769||960,992|
|Sales and marketing||196,413||190,431|
|General and administrative (Includes related party consulting of $49,145 and $43,000, respectively)||
|Research and development||17,048||14,817|
|(Loss) income before other (expense) income and provision for income taxes||
|Other (expense) income:|
|(Loss) income before provision for income taxes||(39,849||)||27,230|
|Provision for income taxes||-||-|
|Net (loss) income||$||(39,849||)||$||27,230|
|Basic (loss) income per share||$||0.00||$||0.00|
|Diluted (loss) income per share||$||0.00||$||0.00|
|Weighted average common shares - basic||20,871,772||16,665,257|
|Weighted average common shares - diluted||20,871,772||16,833,590|
|PACIFICHEALTH LABORATORIES, INC.|
|March 31,||December 31,|
|Cash and cash equivalents||$||752,900||$||745,904|
|Other short-term investments||75,000||75,000|
|Accounts receivable, net||706,409||369,376|
|Total current assets||2,340,808||1,853,162|
|Property and equipment, net||107,402||26,729|
|LIABILITIES AND STOCKHOLDERS' EQUITY|
|Line of credit||$||37,500||$||37,500|
|Accounts payable and accrued expenses (Includes related party of $19,586 and $32,000, respectively)||
|Total current liabilities||1,250,280||660,061|
|Common stock, $.0025 par value; authorized 50,000,000 shares; issued and outstanding: 20,871,772 shares||52,179||52,179|
|Additional paid-in capital||21,331,268||21,313,319|
|Total liabilities and stockholders' equity||$||2,459,105||$||1,890,786|