Partners With Industry Leaders to Showcase a Full Breadth of Switching, Virtualization, Application Delivery, and Security Validation Offerings
LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwire - May 4, 2012) - INTEROP 2012 -- Ixia (
Today's data centers must deliver a high level of application quality of experience (QoE) without compromising on security. Ixia will work with various vendors to demonstrate its holistic data center validation solutions for complex cloud topologies, including: SAN storage (Nexsan), switching fabric infrastructure (Dell Force10), OpenFlow controller and switch (Big Switch Networks), Application Delivery Controllers (F5), Web gateways (Blue Coat), next-generation firewall and unified threat management (SonicWALL), and physical layer switching (ONPATH Technologies).
The demonstrations will highlight:
- Real-World Storage IO -- shows east-to-west iSCSI read/write throughput and IOPS performance of SAN storage systems
- Virtual Appliance Performance -- assesses virtual switching/routing using virtual test interfaces with protocol emulation
- Software-Defined Switching Fabrics -- industry-first demonstration of how OpenFlow controller emulation tests the robustness of software defined networking
- Perimeter Security -- characterizes the detection accuracy, application performance, and immunity strength of next-generation security infrastructure with application traffic and the latest malware
- IPv6 Migration -- shows dual-stack performance and DHCPv6 client emulation over 40GE cloud and data center interconnects
- Virtualized Multi-tenant Clouds -- highlights building and securing north-to-south client-side emulation of an enterprise mix of protocols for application partitioning and virtual security validation
- Flash Video Delivery -- showcases enterprise video optimization
- Scalable Application Delivery -- showcases the massive scalability of next-generation application delivery controllers
In addition, Ixia will showcase its solutions with partners throughout the event.
- In booth #1851, Extreme Networks will showcase the world-class scalability and low latency of the Open Fabric data center switches including the BlackDiamond® X8 and Summit X670-series switches. Using a mixture of Ixia hardware and software solutions, Extreme Networks will demonstrate the performance of their switching platforms for large, virtualized data centers and clouds with high-density 10GbE and 40GbE links switching at line rate. An Ixia-generated mix of real-world enterprise application and storage workloads proves a high QoE for cloud users when using Extreme's switching solutions.
- In booth #1727, Dell will connect Ixia's XM2 with a Dell S4910 and use Ixia's IxLoad to demonstrate traditional application traffic such as email, HTTP, and other protocols traversing the distributed core fabric while mimicking east-to-west traffic between racks in the data center. Additionally Dell will generate intra-rack layer 2 traffic to stress the 40GE uplinks between their leaf and spine switches.
- In booth #2059, QualiSystems' live demonstration will configure a DUT, Ixia traffic, and an ONPATH layer 1 switch. The demo will provide collected results statistics after testing.
- In booth #751, SonicWALL will use Ixia's IxLoad and IxLoad-Attack to assess the security effectiveness, accuracy, and performance of six leading next-generation firewall products in a live side-by-side comparison. The demonstration will show how effectively these firewalls -- configured for maximum security -- can block over 500 of the industry's most virulent malware attacks while delivering a high QoE for legitimate application traffic.
- Open Networking Lab (ONL) will use Ixia's IxNetwork application and XMV 1G test ports to generate live traffic in the InteropNet OpenFlow Lab. Using Ixia's solutions, the demonstration will send layer 2-3 traffic to verify that the OpenFlow switch entries are populated correctly.
- Huawei will use Ixia's IxNetwork and IxLoad to validate the InteropNet prior to live deployment. Ixia's solutions will emulate a combination of enterprise application storage protocols to simulate enterprise application storage over layer 2-3 routing and switching.
For more information on Ixia and its partners participation at Interop please go to: http://interop.ixiacom.com/.
Ixia and the Ixia four-petal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ixia. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.