Bio-Solutions Corp Fully Pursuing $15 Billion Type II and Pre-Diabetic Marketplace
MAY 3, 2012 - 11:56 ET
FOR: BIO-SOLUTIONS CORP
MONTREAL--(Marketwire - May 3, 2012) - (
There is an Estimated 100 Plus Million Americans at risk of diabetes in the following order:
Data from the 2011 National Diabetes Fact Sheet (released Jan. 26, 2011)
Total prevalence of diabetes
Total: 25.8 million children and adults in the United States -- 8.3% of the population -- have diabetes.
Diagnosed:18.8 million people
Undiagnosed: 7.0 million people
Prediabetes:79 million people*
New Cases:1.9 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed in people aged 20 years and older in 2010.
* In contrast to the 2007 National Diabetes Fact Sheet, which used fasting glucose data to estimate undiagnosed diabetes and prediabetes, the 2011 National Diabetes Fact Sheet uses both fasting glucose and A1C levels to derive estimates for undiagnosed diabetes and prediabetes. These tests were chosen because they are most frequently used in clinical practice.
Given the two types of Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2), Type2 Defense™ will obviously cater to Types 2 patients, which are 90-95%, of all diabetics. Type2 Defense™ will help maintain healthy blood glucose levels to combat complications of Diabetes which include:
1) Heart disease and stroke
2) High blood pressure
- In 2005-2008, of adults aged 20 years or older with self-reported diabetes, 67% had blood pressure greater than or equal to 140/90 mmHg or used prescription medications for hypertension.
3) Kidney disease
- Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, accounting for 44% of new cases in 2008.
- In 2008, 48,374 people with diabetes began treatment for end-stage kidney disease in the United States.
- In 2008, a total of 202,290 people with end-stage kidney disease due to diabetes were living on chronic dialysis or with a kidney transplant in the United States.
4) Nervous system disease (Neuropathy)
- About 60% to 70% of people with diabetes have mild to severe forms of nervous system damage.
Financial operations will be managed in San Antonio with the company's controller, Rick Basse. Research and development is managed by ex Nestles' nutritional food scientist Sekhar Mallangi. Product fulfillment will be handled by Lou Bellino, one of Americas top web product fulfillment operators, marketing will be driven by the talented San Antonio based marketing firm BOSS Creative for the company's website development, (SEO) search engine optimization management, video product description and newsletters.
"We will be announcing Type2 Defense™ first production run very soon. We are excited about our new product, which will be sold and marketed primarily on the internet, further company developments, forthcoming," stated EVP Bill Gallagher.
According to Dailyfinance.com. (1/27/11 Big Pharma Article): "In 2009, the U.S. diabetes market grew 17% from 2008, reaching $14.9 billion, according to data from health care information company IMS Health. Worldwide, the market generated sales of over $25 Billion, according to independent business information provider Vision again. By 2019, Morningstar projects the worldwide diabetes market, excluding insulin, will grow to over $55 billion.
We believe that there is a growing market place that lacks adequate healthy tools to maintain healthy blood glucose levels. Type2 Defense™ is a powder blend of natural ingredients that has been developed to help support healthy blood glucose levels. The Type2 Defense™ powder blend is a flavorful supplement when mixed with water becomes an effective vehicle that encourages sustainable healthy habits. A convenient and all natural pure health beverage containing green tea blended with cinnamon and blueberry flavors and the Type2 Defense™ proprietary blend. The Product's goal is to provide a safe and natural supplement that will assist in the stabilization of healthy glucose levels along with providing strong antioxidants.
This press release contains forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the U.S. Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which could cause the Bio-Solutions actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Investors are cautioned not to rely on these forward-looking statements. The Company does not undertake to update these forward-looking statements and disclaims any obligation to update any such factors or to publicly announce the result of any revisions to any of the forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect future results, events or developments, except if we are requested by a governmental authority or applicable law.
Contact Investor & Public Relations