CalAmp Extends Next Generation 3G Technology Across Its Mobile Resource Management Product Portfolio
FOR: CALAMP CORP.
MAY 8, 2012 - 09:00 ET
Action Will Facilitate Technology Transitions in MRM Market
OXNARD, CA--(Marketwire - May 8, 2012) - CalAmp Corp. (
CalAmp's next generation Location Messaging Unit (LMU) products provide global positioning satellite (GPS) tracking and cellular-based wireless communications capabilities for monitoring and tracking 12-volt and 24-volt vehicles. The new products are equipped with CalAmp's pioneering PEG™ (Programmable Event Generator), the company's industry-leading on-board alert engine and PULS™ (Programming, Update and Logistics System), the company's over-the-air device management and maintenance application. The new products also feature an integrated wireless antenna designed to deliver unrivaled performance and enhance installation flexibility.
The launch of 3G wireless data communications technology across CalAmp's product portfolio for MRM includes the following:
- RMU-720, LMU-720 and LMU-820 - inconspicuously installed high-value products designed to meet needs of the vehicle finance, stolen vehicle recovery and remote start markets.
- LMU-920 and LMU-1220 - economical, professional install products designed to meet track-and-trace, local fleet management and asset tracking markets.
- LMU-2620 and LMU-2720 - high performance, full featured professional install products for the local fleet management and driver behavior markets.
- LMU-2000 - high performance, full featured, easy install product for local fleet management and driver behavior applications.
- LMU-3000 - full featured, easy install product addressing emerging insurance and driver behavior market. The "plug-and-go" LMU-3000 can be easily self-installed by consumers or quickly deployed by commercial operators. A vehicle data bus interface provides direct access to vehicle information and fault codes.
- TTU-720, TTU-1220 and TTU-2820 - ergonomically sealed products for the trailer and container tracking markets. The Trailer Tracking Unit family of products features internal long-lived batteries to power the units.
These new products are being introduced for both the CDMA 1X and HSPA standards.
"The next generation 3G-based products extend the reach of this technology to new value propositions previously believed not possible in our markets," said Greg Gower, Senior Vice President and General Manager of CalAmp's MRM business. "And with recent announcements by more and more carriers transitioning networks from 2G service in the near future, CalAmp's MRM team is expanding 3G technology across our entire product portfolio to facilitate a seamless transition for our customers."
CTIA Wireless Conference and Exhibition
The International CTIA WIRELESS® 2012 show will take place May 8 - 10 in New Orleans, Louisiana at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The CTIA show is the premier mobile industry event representing a vibrant $1 trillion global marketplace.
CalAmp develops and markets wireless communications solutions that deliver data, voice and video for critical networked communications and other applications. The Company's two business segments are Wireless DataCom, which serves commercial, industrial and government customers, and Satellite, which focuses on the North American Direct Broadcast Satellite market. For more information, please visit www.calamp.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Director of Corporate Communications