Blackline's Loner IS Fills Industrial Safety Market Void
FOR: BLACKLINE GPS CORP.
AUG 28, 2012 - 09:00 ET
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Aug. 28, 2012) - Industries such as Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Compressed Gas, Wastewater, and Power Technology all of which require Intrinsically Safe instrumentation now have a Class I, Division 1 certified worker safety monitoring solution at hand with the launch of the newest innovation from Blackline GPS (TSX VENTURE:BLN) ("Blackline"): the Loner® IS.
"Industrial environments present greater risks to employee safety and for this reason we designed Loner IS to empower organizations with instant knowledge of when a safety incident has occurred, such as a fall or man-down event, in order to deploy assistance within seconds," says Cody Slater, Blackline's CEO & Chairman. "It is no longer acceptable to discover safety incidents by accident."
The employee's GPS location is reported to monitoring personnel when a safety alert is triggered in order to direct emergency response teams to that employee in need. Monitoring personnel are aided by direct access to the alert type, the employee's name and phone number, an interactive map of the employee's past location history, and the locations of any nearby colleagues whom could possibly go to the incident right away.
Some of the Loner IS features include:
- Instant wireless communication of safety alerts generated by an employee's Loner IS device
- True Fall Detection® technology that alerts monitoring personnel when a fall is detected, differentiated from other activity such as jumping off a loading dock or running down stairs
- Activity monitoring that detects man-down situations where an employee has become motionless
- An emergency latch that allows monitored personnel to instantly request help
- Local alarms that generate a loud audible tone and flashing indicator lights to aid responders to quickly locate the employee
- Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, and D intrinsic safety certification
Loner IS safety devices are supported by Blackline's hosted web application, providing an easy-to-adopt, turn-key system. Blackline's Loner 24/7 Central Safety Monitoring relieves customers from needing to provide additional staff to internally monitor employees. For more information visit www.blacklinegps.com.
ABOUT BLACKLINE: Blackline GPS is a wireless location leader that develops, manufactures, and markets products and services for worker safety monitoring, covert tracking, and consumer applications. Blackline solutions deliver safety, security, and location awareness through innovative wireless hardware and custom user interfaces, including web, mobile, messaging, and web services. Blackline's mission is to become the leading supplier of wirelessly connected worker safety monitoring and covert tracking products in the world. Blackline products allow customers to protect their personnel and valued assets, share the conditions of their environment, and connect with emergency services when necessary. Blackline solutions Protect. Share. Connect.®
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Blackline GPS Corp.
Blackline GPS Corp.
101 1215 13th Street SE
Calgary, AB Canada T2G 3J4