Drilling Confirms Connection of the San Gregorio and Las Carolinas Mineralized Zones
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - May 1, 2012) - International Northair Mines Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:INM) (the "Company" or "Northair") is pleased to announce the assay results from five additional core holes completed at its La Cigarra silver project, located in north central Mexico. Two holes were completed within a previously untested area between the San Gregorio and Las Carolinas zones and three holes are from in-fill drilling within the Las Carolinas Zone.
Highlights of the Continuing Drill Program
Between San Gregorio and Las Carolinas:
- Hole CC-12-056 intercepted 22.95 metres of 84.9 g/t silver, confirming that the mineralized system is continuous between the San Gregorio and Las Carolinas zones. This hole tested the central portion of this previously undrilled target area between the two zones;
- The nearest hole (100 meters) to the south of CC-12-056 is CC-12-054, which intersected 40.95 metres of 42.1g/t silver. Fifty metres to the north of CC-12-056 is CC-12-055, which returned two intercepts of 15.50 metres of 26.2 g/t silver and 8.85 of 18.7 g/t silver;
- Drill results within this previously untested area have successfully confirmed that the mineralized system at La Cigarra is continuous throughout a 2,000 metre long zone. This system, encompassing both the San Gregorio and La Carolinas zones, remains open along strike and down dip; with the La Boracha Zone lying 400 metres to the northwest.
Las Carolinas Zone:
- Hole CC-12-059 intercepted 70.30 metres of 34.9 g/t silver including 27.80 metres of 63.1 g/t silver and 0.150 g/t gold. This hole was drilled to test the up dip projection of holes CC-11-018 (111.75 metres of 24.7 g/t silver), and CC-11-019 (51.26 metres of 25.0 g/t silver);
- Hole CC-12-058 intercepted 50.15 metres of 69.4 g/t silver including 35.00 metres of 91.8g/t silver. This hole was positioned between holes CC-12-059 to the south and CC-12-057 to the north;
- Hole CC-12-057, returned two intercepts of 18.40 metres of 47.7 g/t silver and 5.75 metres of 40.9 g/t silver. Hole CC-12-057 was drilled to test the up dip projection of CC-11-020 (50.90 metres of 34.7 g/t silver) and CC-11-021 (38.65 metres of 31.8 g/t silver).
"We are very pleased that our recent drilling has returned significant silver grades and confirmed the postulated mineral continuity between the San Gregorio and Las Carolinas zones," said Fred Hewett, President & CEO of Northair. "The mineralized system within the San Gregorio and Las Carolinas zones has now been clearly identified along a 2,000 metre trend and remains open along strike and down dip. In particular the La Borracha Zone located 400 metres to the northwest of San Gregorio provides additional excellent potential."
To date, Northair has reported the results from 59 of 70 core drill holes completed at the Property. Results from the remaining holes will be reported once assays have been received and interpreted. Drilling at the Property has recently been escalated by the addition of a second core drill and will continue to focus on step out and infill drilling along the trend.
|Note 1: Intervals with silver values greater than 500 g/t reported as 500 g/t.|
|Note 2: Reported widths may contain intervals with values less than 10g/t silver.|
|Note 3: Intervals may also contain appreciable lead and zinc values.|
Click the link below to view a plan of the Las Carolinas Zone: http://www.internationalnorthair.com/i/imagegallery/lacigarra/2012-05-01-SG_LC_Drill_Plan.pdf.
Sampling and QA/QC
All technical information for the La Cigarra exploration program is obtained and reported under a formal quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) program. Samples are taken under the direction of qualified geologists and stored in sealed bags. Samples are delivered by the Company via courier to ALS Minerals ("ALS") in Chihuahua and Inspectorate America Corporation ("Inspectorate") in Durango City. In both cases the samples are dried, crushed and pulverized with the pulps being sent airfreight for analysis by ALS to Vancouver B.C. and by Inspectorate to Vancouver B.C. or Reno, Nevada. Systematic assaying of standards and blanks are performed for precision and accuracy. Analysis for silver, zinc, lead and copper and related trace elements was done by ICP four acid digestion, with gold analysis by 30 gram fire assay with an AA finish.
About the La Cigarra Silver Project
The La Cigarra Project is located in State of Chihuahua along the eastern fringes of the Sierra Madre Occidental in Mexico. Local topography is gentle with good road access to the major city of Parral, located 26 kilometres to the south east. The La Cigarra Project hosts a silver-rich, epithermal vein system with three identified zones forming a three kilometre trend.
This news release has been prepared in accordance with Canadian regulatory requirements set out in National Instrument 43-101 and approved by Fred Hewett the Company's President and CEO, and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD, INTERNATIONAL NORTHAIR MINES LTD.
Fred G. Hewett, P.Eng., President & CEO
This news release may contain forward looking statements which are not historical facts, such as ore reserve estimates, anticipated production or results, sales, revenues, costs, or discussions of goals and exploration results, and involves a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, metal price volatility, volatility of metals production, project development, ore reserve estimates, future anticipated reserves and cost engineering estimate risks, geological factors and exploration results. See Northair's filings for a more detailed discussion of factors that may impact expected results.
This news release does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to sell any securities in the United States. The securities have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "U.S. Securities Act") or any state securities laws and may not be offered or sold within the United States or to U.S. Persons unless registered under the U.S. Securities Act and applicable state securities laws or an exemption from such registration is available.
International Northair Mines Ltd.
604-687-7545 or 1-888-338-2200
International Northair Mines Ltd.
Manager, Investor Relations
604-687-7545 or 1-888-338-2200