NEWS RELEASE TRANSMITTED BY Marketwire
Ixia to Showcase New Innovations in Wireless Security, Voice Over LTE, Cellular Offload, and Capacity Planning
FEB 27, 2012 - 15:00 ET
Ixia Unveils New Products With Industry Leaders at Mobile World Congress 2012
CALABASAS, CA--(Marketwire - February 27, 2012) - Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA), the leading global provider of converged IP and wireless network test solutions, announced its collaboration with industry leaders at Mobile World Congress 2012 to showcase several new wireless product innovations. These innovations will push forward the wireless industry's delivery of better performing and higher quality LTE networks. Ixia will highlight performance test solutions for LTE service validation and capacity planning, wireless security, mobile backhaul, Wi-Fi-based cellular offload, and small cells at MWC in Barcelona from February 27-March 1, in Hall 1, Booth #1E47.
To validate their products, industry leaders need massively scalable wireless test solutions capable of emulating the largest mobile broadband networks in a single test system. Ixia is the only company providing complete end-to-end LTE network validation that scales to hundreds of gigabits of video traffic, emulates of millions of mobile subscribers surfing the Internet, and processes millions of web transactions per second. Live discussions and demonstrations will showcase the following mobile network innovations:
- Ixia and Alcatel-Lucent will demonstrate how packet-based backhaul networks can satisfy synchronization requirements for mobile voice and multimedia services under real-world conditions. Ixia test measurements prove that the Alcatel-Lucent IP/MPLS mobile backhaul solution can maintain accurate phase synchronization and QoS guarantees under extreme packet congestion and network failovers. Visit Alcatel-Lucent's booth Hall 6, 6C23.
- Using Ixia's IxVeriWave Wi-Fi test system, Xirrus and Ixia have worked together to validate the high-scalability and resiliency of Xirrus' XR-series Wireless Array platform. The high scale tests measured actual device performance with media-rich applications (voice/video) to demonstrate that the XR-series Wireless Arrays are capable of supporting the rigorous demands required for carrier deployments. Visit Ixia's booth for a discussion of the test.
- Ixia and Cavium will demonstrate the power of MontaVista's Bare Metal Engine single core achieving the same level of IP forwarding performance as six cores, using a highly optimized kernel application in standard Linux -- a 600% performance improvement. View the demonstration at Cavium's booth in Hall 2, Stand 2B05.
- Ixia and Fujitsu will demonstrate the capabilities of Fujitsu's new BroadOne LTE Femtocell, a compact indoor base station for the easy construction of high-bandwidth, high-quality indoor wireless communications environments. See the demonstration in Fujitsu's in the 3.0 Courtyard-CY15.
- Ixia will participate in the TD Industry Alliance (TDIA) exhibit to showcase new innovations in TD-LTE development. Ixia will demonstrate its market leading solution for TD-LTE service validation and capacity planning. Visit booth Hall 2 - 2A73.
- Ixia will unveil the industry's first application that validates mobile internet security end-to-end -- from the handset to the data center. Visit Ixia booth to understand how IxLoad-Attack can generate massive, city-scale application and attack traffic over LTE infrastructures to allow mobile operators to find previously impossible-to-detect infrastructure vulnerabilities before they can be exploited on live networks.
- Ixia will demonstrate its new VoLTE test application to measure voice quality on LTE networks. At Ixia's booth, operators can hear how they can easily compare and contrast the voice quality of over-the-top (OTT) service to operator-provided voice using best-in-class industry algorithms.
- Ixia President and CEO, Atul Bhatnagar, will participate in a panel discussion titled "Delivering QoE Despite Capacity Pressures" on Wednesday, February 29th at 3:45 Time (CET) in Hall 5 Room 6. In this session, industry experts from several companies will discuss how to architect mobile networks that deliver the greatest QoE to users.
Ixia provides the industry's most comprehensive converged IP testing solution -- from the wireless edge to the Internet core. Network equipment manufacturers, service providers, enterprises, and government agencies use Ixia's industry-leading test and simulation platforms to design and validate a broad range of wired, Wi-Fi, and 3G/LTE networking equipment and networks. Ixia's solutions create real-world conditions by emulating a full range of high-scaling networking protocols and generating media-rich application traffic to validate performance, conformance and security of cloud, core, data center, wireless and multiplay networks. For more information, visit www.ixiacom.com.
Ixia and the Ixia four-petal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ixia. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: